Learned a lot today from the #MetaVerse practitioners in town in the 2nd forum of our “All About MetaVerse Series”. The main theme today was MetaVerse Strategies for #Brands, #SMEs and #Entrepreneurs. I am so grateful to be the moderator of this series. More episodes will come shortly. Stay tuned with HKPC #Innopreneur vForum. My post on the 1st episode of this series can be found here. https://lnkd.in/dusKJYeA
Big thanks to our guest speakers Lorraine Cheung #Yahoo, Chris Wang #AWS, Kevin K T Lee #Redspots and Henry Chu #PillnPillow. Two of them are entrepreneurs and the other two are platform providers. That enabled us to discuss this topic from a more balanced perspective.
We discussed from MetaVerse opportunities, challenges to technologies, platforms, talents requirement and future skills. MetaVerse is not a hype but the direction is still being shaped. It is very early so everyone gets a chance but we need to keep learning and be open minded.
In essence, there are a few things that we need to strike a balance in order to make the best out of this unprecdented opportunity for the decade – MetaVerse.
1. The next 5 to 10 years will have lots of opportunities. By 2030, the market is going to reach 5 trillion USD globally. At same time, lots of regulations and governance needed to be in place to balance the opportunities and potential problems.
2. We have more opportunities from scalability to the global markets but at the same time competitions from global players.
3. New digital skills will be required but soft skills, like problem solving, communication, project management are equally important.
4. #Data analytics, #MachineLearning and #AI are crucial now and even more pivotal in the MetaVerse for customer experience and engagement.
5. SMEs are lack of resources and talents but lots of good partners in the MetaVerse ecosystem that they can leverage on.
6. Keep trying and learning to get started but be aware of the risks like losing Crypto from your hot wallets.
Lots more to come. See you in our 3rd MetaVerse episode soon. Have a good ride in your MetaVerse journey.
Thanks to Karen F., Elly Yip and their teammates #HKPC, Dr. Angus Ho #HKIM and Annie Yeung #Vootprint for their great effort to make this forum happened.
#Web3, #NFT, #Blockchain, #Cryptocurrency, #VR, #Cloud
Comments are closed.