Great insights from my discussion today with Austin R. Bryan, #CLP and Fred Ngan #Bowtie in the #HKGCC forum on “Thriving in a Post-Covid Era Thru Innovation”. Thanks Victor Lam, Chairman of the Industry & Technology Committee of HKGCC, to host us & moderate the panel discussion. Austin & Fred were on Zoom and Victor & I were in HKGCC.
My key takeaways are:
1. Living with #Ambiguity becomes a new normal. We need to keep innovating in an uncomfortable environment.
2. Sense of #Urgency & lean startup thinking are crucial for innovation but most corporates do not have that.
3. Forget about innovation if we don’t have a clear #StrategicIntent. It could be for customer experience, market share or others.
4. #Culture & #Purpose are the keys to drive innovation instead of revenue & profit.
5. >90% of #Startups fail so always making #Survival as a sense of urgency & doing different things from existing players are very important. Same for #Intrapreneurship.
6. #Diversity of teammates with no domain experience is critical as it will bring out blind spots that are unseen by industry experts.
Thanks HKGCC Simon Ngan & teammates to organize the forum. Find out more about the “HKGCC Hong Kong Awards for Industries: #Innovation & #Creativity” here.
Comments are closed.